Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Class

Remember my post about the the caste system in the US? It's all about the money, coated in things like "first class", "gold standard" blah blah blah. If not check it out here.

Anyway, I got a taste of the high life on a trip to Seattle. I really was sitting sweet. It's called "Club World" on British Airways. And let me tell you, once you go Club World, you do NOT want to go back.

They called me "Miss Marquardson" once they saw my ticket. They offered me champagne and fresh squeezed orange juice (I took them up on the juice. It was in fact delicious). I had a hot towel before we took off and a cold one at the end. They gave me a menu for lunch, and came around with hot rolls during said meal. My seat reclined to a horizontal position. I had a little goodie baggie with lotions and an eye mask and comfortable socks.

I felt out of place and awkward. But that didn't stop me from taking pictures with my camera phone. Too bad my phone makes a loud camera-like noise when I take pictures. Couldn't figure out how to shut that off...

The magazine holder is my footrest which tilts down once you take off.

Check out the space. Downstairs in the economy section, this would fit 20 passengers.

This is my neighbor. Notice how he is lying completely horizontally. At this point I was watching my third movie of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment