Monday, August 30, 2010

Tour de France

Living in London offers some pretty cool opportunities, like heading off to Paris for the weekend. Why not, right? Especially when that weekend includes the final leg of the Tour de France down le Avenue des Champs-Elysees as it did this July 25th. Thanks to Mike for organizing the event. It was a day to remember.

(Apologies beforehand for the mass of pictures. I took a few, but got so many other great ones from other folks there. I've noted the photographer if it wasn't me so credit is due where it should be.)

Lunching at a nearby cafe. Did you know everything is in black & white or sepia in real life in Paris? (Picture by Caroline McNiven)

I wish this was a super cool self-portrait in a mirror, but it's not. Sir Dave Robinson's work.

Dave and I shared a chocolate crepe. Dave saw the art in the chocolate leftovers and took this lovely photo. I think this print should end up in my kitchen.

This photo was originally Monica and Trent. It looked a bit engagement picture-esque, so I jumped in to ruin the photo of course. (Photo by Dave Robinson)

Group shot in front of the Palais de Justice (photo by passerby)

Le metro

The challenge of the weekend: do something you haven't done before. Even though I have probably jumped over a pole before, I haven't done so in Paris and accidentally kick a Parisian in the process. You do something new everyday. And no, I didn't really kick anyone, but came mighty close. (Photo by Caroline McNiven)

Loren's famous confused french-man face. (Photo by unknown)


Le tour

Random legs. We waited. And waited. And then we waited some more. I spend this time taking random photos.

After all that waiting, they RACED by. Thankfully the bikers make a few trips up and down the Champs-Elysees, so we saw them wiz by a few times. (Photo by Dave Robinson)

The group. Did I mention we all wore stripes to look French? Oh, I didn't. Well, we wore stripes and it was awesome. (Photo by Zinta JuanitisFront row (left to right): Bridie Hellings, Trent Weaver, Erika Mitchell
Middle row: Ian Faribairn, Freja Cross, Loren Jones, J, Caroline McNevin, Michael Barnett, Niall Connolly
Back row: Justing Carmichael, Dave Robinson, me, Louise Hough, Monica Hubrich, Sian Nolan, Aaron Goodlet, Katja Goodlet

During the waiting, I took some shots of folks in our group.
First, Katja Goodlet (foreground Zinta Jaunitis)

Aaron Goodlet

Mike Barnett

Morgan Habedank

David Robinson

Justin Carmichael

Monica Hubrich and J (Photo by Dave Robinson)

1 comment:

  1. i love all your french mariniere shirts. my favorite shirt of all time. also, the pic of you jumping over the thing should be framed. in my house.

    ReplyDelete