Monday, August 30, 2010

Sting doesn't know anything about real fields

If he did, he definitely would not have written about walking in "Fields of Gold". Let me tell, you. It hurts!

Just before we went to Paris for the Tour de France finals, we spent the Saturday walking around near the South Downs path. During our nice stroll on the edge of the fields, it seemed like a romantic / fun idea to run through one of the fields of wheat. I came out slightly scratched, and slightly disappointed. But it was still fun :)

Here's Monica Hubrich, Erika Mitchell and I. (Thanks to Freja Cross for the great picture)

The day was an absolute joy. Fabulous weather, scenery, and company. We even met an amazing character as we set off. This 90 year old shepherd loved to dance (boasted he'd swung around 50 women just the night before) and he played a mean harmonica. Here he was, showing us his herding stick, and a special magazine article that featured him and his dogs.
Note: Yes, that is my hand suspiciously reaching for J's pocket. I'm 99% sure I was giving her her car key back.

No comments:

Post a Comment