Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Heard of the Lake District?

William Wordsworth was a fan. So am I. A little crew of us went up there just for the weekend back in June (5th - 6th). One of my favorite trips.

Our campsite was a lovely little spot right next to the lake

Another view of the surroundings

Part of our crew. From left to right: Sian Nolan, Monica Hubrich, Mike Barnett, Joff King, James Freeman, J

Our two friends did a triathalon that Saturday. Go Mike and Joff!

This boisterous family was splashing all over us and interrupted our calm afternoon on the pier. Alas, they should have the right of way.

Me and Mon

Jumping joyously into the lake just before we headed off. (I, the pansy one that hates cold water, was the one taking the picture here).

And then the rains came. This was perhaps my favorite part of the weekend: swimming in the downpour (I think this was Monica and Dave doing flips over the edge).

No comments:

Post a Comment