Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Unintentionally Funny Advertisements

One thing I like to laugh at is the ads around here. I mostly laugh at them and rarely with them since they're really not that funny.

The one below made me bust up laughing. I don't know if the set up could look more contrived. This is what must have gone through the minds of those who put together this ad.

Stylist: "How can we make this guy look like a manly man. Rugged, all about beef 'cause he's a beefcake himself and we're trying to sell beef. Hum....how to dress him. I KNOW! Let's gel his hair, and put him in a sweater vest. That screams English farmer."

Photographer: "I need more props people. The cow in the background isn't giving me enough dimension. Someone get me a shovel! Let's pretend he's shoveling something."

Graphic designer: "Ok, I've got a lot of shots of this guy, but not too many of beef. How can we sell this......Let's just make 90% of the ad about this guy in a farm. That'll make sense, and it definitely will not look like a catalogue for sweater vests or shovels."


1 comment: